The Impact Initiative exists to connect policy makers and practitioners with the world class social science research supported by the ESRC-DFID Strategic partnership. We work directly with grantholders of The Joint Fund for Poverty Alleviation Research, and The Raising Learning Outcomes in Education Systems Programmes. We seek to identify synergies between these programmes and their grant holders, support them to exploit influencing and engagement opportunities, and facilitate learning.
The Impact Initiative has resources to support:
- Capacity building sessions around engaging with non-academic audiences such as development of impact plans and media training. Check out our Impact Lab resources.
- The facilitation of meetings between researchers and research users such as interactions with INGOs, DFID, in-country policy actors and civil society organisations.
- The organisation of policy orientated events that promote evidence emerging from the ESRC DFID portfolio.
- Showcasing your research to non-academic audiences with the co-production and targeted dissemination of tailored outputs including impact stories, blogs, policy briefings and multimedia.
- The archiving of the full text of your research outputs in an open access repository to maximise their accessibility. The Impact Initiative open access repository collection has already received 27,000 downloads.
So, if you are an ESRC DFID Joint Fund or RLO grantholder, whatever the status of your grant (new, live, closed) we would like to hear about your ideas for maximising the impact of your research.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com. Please quote the title of your project and the grant reference number in your email.